(P) REVENTION, (I) DENTIFICATION, (P) ROTECTION
Based on the Framework Agreement between the Romanian Government and the Swiss Federal Council on the implementation of the Swiss-Romanian Cooperation Program for Reducing Economic and Social Disparities within the enlarged European Union, the National Agency Against Trafficking in Persons implements the project (P)revention, (I)identification, (P)rotection for a period of 32 months, starting with April 2012 and with a deadline of November 2014.
The total value of the project is CHF 531,745, with a contribution from the Swiss side of CHF 451,983 (representing 85% of the total value) and co-financed by ANITP with CHF 79,761 (representing 15% of the total budget).
The general objective of the project is to contribute to the decrease of human trafficking in Romania.
- Strengthening the intervention capacity of Romanian government actors (ANITP representatives, police officers, prosecutors, judges) involved in the prevention, identification, repatriation and reintegration of victims of trafficking in human beings;
- Targeting potential victims of human trafficking in Romania, through public prevention campaigns focusing on the most vulnerable groups;
- Development of activities in the field of prevention of trafficking in human beings by strengthening the local capacity to identify and absorb non-reimbursable external funds (FEN) and mobilize resources;
- Elaboration of some recommendations for the National Action Plan PNA 2014-2016.
- Increased institutional capacity of ANITP in managing its tasks in relation to local and international partners;
- Raising awareness among potential victims of human trafficking in Romania regarding the risks of being exploited and trafficked;
- Cooperation and increased local capacity to develop future activities;
- Recommendations for improving victim support services in Romania.
Documents and materials Developed within the PIP project
ACTIVITIES CARRIED OUT AS PART OF THE PROJECT
Working visit organized in Switzerland, in the cities of Zurich and Bern. Period: 14-15.11.2012
Working visit to ROMANIA. Period: 05-06.02.2013
Workshop on methods of identification, reintegration and protection of victims of human trafficking, organized by ANITP, in Zurich. Period: 22-23.05.2013
Workshop on human trafficking prevention activities organized by ANITP, in Bucharest. Period: 09-10.09.2013
Workshop at ANITP headquarters on methods for identifying, reintegrating and protecting victims of human trafficking. Period: 27-28.02.2014
Conference for the launch of the National Campaign on the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation. 06/11/2014
National Conference for facilitating the exchange of experience and closing the project Prevention, Identification, Protection. 16-17.10.2014