Predefined project “PDP1 – Improving the national asylum and migration system”
It is implemented by the General Inspectorate for Immigration, as a project promoter for a period of 60 months and funded by the Internal Affairs – Asylum – Migration Cooperation Program under the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2020.
The project has a budget of 5,000,000 Euros and has as partners:
- Norwegian Immigration Directorate;
- General Inspectorate of Border Police (IGPF);
- “Alexandru Iona Cuza” Police Academy, Bucharest;
- Romanian Intelligence Service.
The National Agency Against Trafficking in Human Beings, as a national project partner, without financial implications, ensured until 2020, the involvement of its representatives in the following activities:
– Project launch conference;
– training sessions in the field of migration and asylum and support for topics in the field of competence (6 sessions at territorial level and 2 sessions at central level).
ANITP will continue to support the project, by involving in the exchange of experience and good practices in other Member States that have faced a massive influx of migrants on its territory – by participating in study visits related to migration management, respectively by participating in the Conference of closing the project.